The Madras Port or Chennai Port is the second largest port of India after Mumbai Port. It is the largest port situated in the Bay of Bengal and the third oldest port amongst the 12 major ports of the nation. The marine trade was started in 1639 and so it is said to be over 125 year’s old port of India. The Chennai Port earlier serve as the main travel port for the ships before it got in as the container port. It is said to be contrived and all-weather port with wet docks. The port has also contributed in the economic development of the Tamil Nadu city and particularly in the flourish of the manufacturing business of the South India. Thus to some extent it contributed in the growth of the city. Today the Chennai city is known as the Gateway of South India. The port has became a center for containers, cars and project cargo in the east coast of India with 3 docks, 24 berths, and draft ranging from 12 to 16.5 km and 39 to 54.1 ft.
The Chennai port is well connected with all the major ports of the world and is consider as a center port on the Indian subcontinent. It is positioned in the Coromandel Coast in South-East India and has more than 100 years of ancient tradition. In the coming years it bound to increase the port efficiency through innovation of the 4 corner stone’s of the port. The Chennai port offers uninterrupted modernization, effective service at least possible cost, easy and incorporated operations and user-friendly approach.
The Chennai port trust aims to achieve excellence in port operations with State-of-the-Art technologies. It works to increase competence and develop enthusiasm in workforce to give uttermost satisfaction to the customers. They expect and adjust to the changing global scenario of the world. They perform as a catalyst to maintain development of the region.
The Chennai Port expect to be spotted as a futurist port with foresight.
Chennai Port Trust Recruitment
For Recruitment Details Click Here:
Chennai Port Trust Contact Details
Chennai Port Trust
Rajaji Salai, Chennai-600001
Fax : 044-25361228
EPABX: 044-25362201-217(17 lines)
E-mail: email@example.com ,firstname.lastname@example.org
Chennai Port Trust tracking
- The Chennai Port trust tacking system gives customers convenience of keeping track of their consignments along with some hidden views about the cargo system.
- The official website offers to complete details about the booking and accomplish client request also developing new business links with other companies.
- The new technology helps to avoid fraud and give importance in meeting needs of the clients on time.
How It Works
The tracking system works in the following way
- The numbers displaying on the container are in the format XXXU1234567.
- The first 4 letters are used to send request to the right company.
- The particular company can also be selected manually after tracking if the desire company is not supported by the system.
- The companies offering tracking are not admitted.